FORUM EKSTREMALNE

Piesze i rowerowe maratony na orientację
Teraz jest So, 7 gru 2019, 12:49

Wszystkie czasy w strefie UTC + 1

Stwórz nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 1 ] 
Autor Wiadomość
 Temat: "Its a great awa
PostNapisane: So, 9 lis 2019, 03:48 

CARROLL GOES FOR THIRD PLATE WITH AMIS HOLIDAY Trainer Josie Carroll, who has already won two Queens Plates (Edenwold in 2006, Inglorious in 2011), will try for a third one on Sunday with Ivan Dalos homebred Amis Holiday. Aboard will be Luis Contreras, who teamed with Carroll to win not only the Plate, but the Woodbine Oaks with the filly Inglorious. Amis Holiday, a son of Harlans Holiday-Victorious Ami, has only started twice this year, finishing a good fourth to Mr. Speaker in the Grade 3 Lexington at Keeneland on April 19, before a troubled third, just a neck behind the disqualified winner and Plate rival Asserting Bear, in the Marine Stakes at Woodbine on May 25. "It was a great effort," said Carroll, about the Marine. "But it was a disappointing race because the horse didnt get a clean trip and show what he could do. That was a little troubling." About the Lexington, "He ran a tremendous race. For the amount of time hed been off, I was very impressed with what he did." Last year, Amis Holiday broke his maiden at first asking and then stepped up to stakes company and promptly won the Grade 3 Grey. That effort made him the 3-5 choice to win the rich Coronation Futurity but he endured a difficult trip, ending up fifth before being disqualified. Since the Marine, Amis Holiday has been busy with four solid works, including a sharp five furlong breeze in 59 3/5 seconds last Sunday. "Hes just a very nice, very easy horse to train. He does everything you ask him to." About the Plate, Carroll, who is also the only female conditioner to ever win the race, added, "Its a big field and this horse has already had a couple of troubled trips. He just really needs a clean trip. Hes coming up to the race in really good order. Hes bred to go a distance. Everythings right about him. Now we just have to see if things work out on the day." ONE DESTINY ON EDGE, BUT SET FOR RACE One Destiny is still touch and go to make the final field for Sundays Queens Plate, but hes been training like hes ready to run a career race. The son of Dance to Destiny is currently ranked 16th on a list of 16 horses (by purse earnings) expected to start in the 155th edition of the 1 ¼-mile event. If two more horses do enter, One Destiny could be on the outside looking in as a maximum of 17 are allowed in the gate for the race. Trainer Alec Fehr, who also owns a piece of the Ontario-bred with Winston Penny, knows the potential storyline. "Are we going to get in? Were kind of on the edge, arent we?" he wondered. The answer to the first question will be answered definitively on Thursday morning at the breakfast draw for the race. But on Monday, Fehr spoke assuredly about the current condition of the horse, who has one win in three 2014 starts. "Hes doing really fine," Fehr said. "He had a really nice work (on Sunday; a bullet five furlongs in :59, breezing). Hes come out of the work in good order and very sharp today. All is well." Fehr says his tactical speed will serve the horse well. "If you look at his races, he really didnt get to run in any of his three races. Hes got any kind of speed. He can be a six-furlong horse or a mile and a quarter horse. He can be wherever in a race, but Id like to be close to the front (in the Plate)." Justin Stein, who won the 2012 Queens Plate aboard Strait of Dover, gets the call on Sunday. RHYTHM BLUES LOOKS TO ORCHESTRATE PLATE WIN NO. 3 FOR GONZALEZ Will this years edition of the Queens Plate be the same old song for two-time winning trainer Nick Gonzalez? In 2010, it was Big Red Mike who stepped up to the mike for Gonzalez and hit No. 1 on the Plate chart. Last year, it was Midnight Aria who had the veteran horseman humming a winning Queens Plate tune. This year, hes hoping Rhythm Blues will take centre stage in front of a packed house in the "Gallop for the Guineas." "My one thought all along is that he would get better the more he raced," said Gonzalez, of the chestnut son of Tale of the Cat. "His speed figures have gone up each time. I thought he ran a credible race in the Plate Trial (Rhythm Blues was fourth to We Miss Artie in the 1 1/8-mile Plate prep on June 15). He can still get better and hopefully, he is at his best on the big day." Sporting a record of one win, one second and two thirds from eight starts, the Hillsbrook Farms silk-bearer has raced at Delaware, Parx, Gulfstream Park and Keeneland, with his past two efforts coming at Woodbine. "Hes a stalker, not a speed horse," offered Gonzalez. "I dont see him being too far out of it. He isnt afraid to be in the mix, inside, outside, wherever. Weve had good fortune on two occasions to win this race. Hopefully, we can have some luck again this time." EARLY LOOK AT THE POSSIBLE JULY 6 QUEENS PLATE FIELD (16) HORSE / TRAINER / OWNER / JOCKEYAmis Holiday / Josie Carroll / Ivan Dalos /Luis ContrerasAsserting Bear / Reade Baker / Bear Stables / Chantal Sutherland-KruseAthenian Guard / Mike DePaulo / A & L Racing Stables / Omar MorenoCap in Hand / Sid Attard / Tucci Stables / Steven BahenColtimus Prime / Justin Nixon / Cabernet Racing Stables / Jesse CampbellHeart to Heart / Brian Lynch / Terry Hamilton / Eurico Rosa da SilvaLexie Lou / Mark Casse / Gary Barber / Patrick HusbandsLions Bay / Jamie Attard / M. N. V. & J. Earle / David MoranMajestic Sunset / Mark Casse / John Oxley / Gary BoulangerMan o Bear / Reade Baker / Bear Stables / Emma-Jayne WilsonMatador / Mark Casse / John Oxley / Julien LeparouxNiigon Express / Paul Attard / Chiefswood Stable / Gerry OlguinOne Destiny / Alec Fehr /Winston Penny & Alec Fehr / Justin SteinRhythm Blues / Nick Gonzalez / Hillsbrook Farms /TBATower of Texas / Roger Attfield / Thomas Van Meter II & Scott Dilworth / John VelazquezWe Miss Artie / Todd Pletcher / Ken & Sarah Ramsey / Javier Castellano Fake NCAA Jerseys . 1 Caroline Wozniacki and three-time champion Serena Williams cruised into the semifinals, while last years runner-up Vera Zvonareva succumbed to Aussie Samantha Stosur in Thursdays womens quarterfinal action at the U. Fake Jerseys Free Shipping . "Im excited just for a new start, just to see where things are going, to bring some kind of tradition back to the team and guys being excited about something new," the defensive back said during a conference call Monday after agreeing to stay with the Bombers rather than go to free agency next month. http://www.fakejersey.com/ .com) - NFL owners have unanimously approved the sale of the Buffalo Bills. Fake MLB Jerseys . Louis Blues brought in the premier unrestricted free agent centre, and did it without breaking the bank. Fake Hockey Jerseys . Garcia had eight birdies overall to go with a lone bogey on the fourth to move to an 18-under total of 198 at the Asian Tour event. "I was able to hit some really nice shots and then was able to roll two or three really good putts in and it was nice to be able to finish birdie, birdie on this difficult finishing stretch," Garcia said.LONDON, Ont. -- Anthony Mantha was a goal-a-game man in the regular season and the playoffs for the Val-dOr Foreurs. The 19-year-old from Longueil, Que., was rewarded for that consistency with the Canadian Hockey Leagues player-of-the year award Saturday. Mantha had 81 goals in 81 games and added another 77 assists for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League champion Foreurs. "For sure Im proud of that," the towering winger said. "Its a lot of goals, but the credit needs to come back to my teammates that helped me out through this year. "I think it was just a great season. I put a lot of pressure on myself by leading the team on the ice, off the ice also." Mantha was chosen for the CHLs top individual trophy ahead of Western Hockey League nominee Sam Reinhart of the Kootenay Ice and the Ontario Hockey Leagues Connor Brown of the Erie Otters. Brown was the CHLs top scorer in the regular season with 45 goals and 83 assists in 68 games. Reinhart earned the CHLs sportsmanlike award for recording just 11 minutes in penalties during the season. Mantha accepted the top-player award not long after the Foreurs were eliminated from the MasterCard Memorial Cup. The Foreurs fell 4-3 in triple overtime to the Edmonton Oil Kings in Fridays semifinal. The game was the longest game in Memorial Cup history at 102 minutes 42 seconds of play. Manthas teammates had already departed for Val-dOr on Saturday morning, but the right-winger remained in London to accept the player-of-the-year trophy. "It does feel weird," Mantha acknowledged. "Today, its an individual trophy that I won. For sure, I would have liked way better the trophy from (Sunday), but I mean Ill take this one. "Its a trophy that my teammates helped me out to win this year and I need to give them the credit." Mantha, six foot five and 204 pounds, finished the Memorial Cup with a goal and three assists. His was the lone goal in a 1-0 win over the host Knights to open the tournament. Mantha was drafted in the first round and 20th overall by the Detroit Red Wings in the 2013 NHL entry draft. Foreurs coach Mario Durocherr said during the Memorial Cup that Mantha returned from his first NHL training camp a changed player.dddddddddddd "Last year, I would say a lot of critics were on my consistency level," Mantha said. "When I went to Detroit they tried to put that mentality in me and I think it did work for this year. I came back with that attitude and it was just a great thing for me." He was also Canadas top scorer at this years world junior hockey championship with five goals and six assists in six games. Previous winners of the CHLs top-player award include Jonathan Drouin (2013), Jordan Eberle (2011), John Tavares (2007), Sidney Crosby (2004, 2005), Brad Richards (2000), Eric Lindros (1991) and Joe Sakic (1988). "Its a great award to win and I think its something thats going to stay in mind for a few months if not for a few years, but I need to pass to another level in my career," Mantha said. "I think Ill be ready for it." Derrick Pouliot of the Western Hockey Leagues Portland Winterhawks was named the CHLs top defenceman. The Pittsburgh Penguins prospect had 70 points in 58 games with a plus-minus of plus-40. Jordan Cooke of the Kelowna Rockets earned the trophy for best goaltender. The 20-year-old posted a record of 39-7-0-4 with a goals-against average of 2.28 and a save percentage of .922, Halifax Mooseheads forward Nikolaj Ehlers was chosen top rookie. The 18-year-old from Denmark had a plus-minus rating of plus-65 while contributing 49 goals and 53 assists in 63 games. The coaching award went to Eric Veilleux of the Baie-Comeau Drakkar, who reached the QMJHL final before falling in seven games to Val-dOr. Kingston Frontenacs forward Sam Bennett was selected the top NHL prospect. He is ranked first overall among North American skaters by NHL Central Scouting for the draft next month. Erie Otter forward Connor McDavid won the scholastic award with an 87 per cent average in his second semester of Grade 11. Moose Jaw Warriors captain Sam Fioretti was recognized for his humanitarian work off the ice. He works with Moose Jaw police in their anti-bullying program. ' ' '

Stwórz nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 1 ] 

Wszystkie czasy w strefie UTC + 1