FORUM EKSTREMALNE

Piesze i rowerowe maratony na orientację
Teraz jest Pt, 22 lis 2019, 06:13

Wszystkie czasy w strefie UTC + 1

Stwórz nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 1 ] 
Autor Wiadomość
 Temat: ayoff mentioned Wedn
PostNapisane: Pt, 18 paź 2019, 03:12 

SAN DIEGO -- James Shields was on another road mound and thats a good thing for the Kansas City Royals. Then again, he really was at his home away from home. "It was nice to sleep in my own bed last night," Shields said after pitching Kansas City past the San Diego Padres 8-0 Wednesday. Shields (4-3) won at Petco Park, which isnt far from his residence in Rancho Santa Fe. "I got to play with the dog and see the kids for the first time in about a month," Shields said. "It was really nice to be around the house." Shields wasnt a welcome sight for the San Diego batters, scattering seven hits over seven innings. With Eric Hosmer driving in a season-high four runs and the Royals scoring three times in the first inning, Shields was able to win with less than his best. "I didnt think my stuff way that good today," said Shields, who threw a season-high 118 pitches. "I was all over the place, getting behind in counts a lot. It was a grind day, but sometimes you got to go out there without your good stuff and compete and that is what I did." Padres ace Andrew Cashner (2-5) didnt see the fifth inning. "Were kind of in a team-wide funk," Cashner said. The Royals are headed the opposite direction. They won their second straight game, took their first series at Petco Park and snapped a five-game losing skid since rolling into town. "That was what you call an AAGG -- an all-around good game in all phases," Kansas City manager Ned Yost said. "Shields was fantastic, the bullpen was great, our defence was solid and we had very, very good baserunning. And our offence had as good as a day as we have had against a darn good young pitcher in a long time." For a good stretch, Shields, who struck out four and walked two, has been tough on the road. Hes won four straight starts away from Kauffmann Stadium and since the start of last season is 14-4 with a 2.00 ERA. Hosmer got three hits. He finished the series going 7 for 15 with seven RBIs, a homer and a double. "The power numbers will come," Hosmer said. "Im not worried about that. Its early in the season and right now Im just doing anything to help this team win." "The biggest thing today was coming up with runners in scoring position and getting guys in," he said. The Padres scuffled, not having any better luck against two relievers after Shields exited. They were shut out for a major league-high sixth time this season. San Diego has lost six of eight overall. Cashner, who lasted a season-low four innings, had trouble from the start. He threw 43 pitches in the first, hurt by a pair of errors from shortstop Everth Cabrera that led to two unearned runs. "I feel bad for my teammate, for Cashner," Cabrera said. Alcides Escobar reached when Cabrera misplayed his ground ball after Nori Aoki opened with a single. Hosmer hit a two-run single, Alex Gordon reached base two batters later when Cabrera mishandled his grounder and Danny Valencia followed with a broken-bat, RBI single. Cashner ended the inning by getting Shields to ground out with the bases loaded in a nine-pitch at-bat. "That was the best AB of the game," Hosmer said. The Padres had a chance to cut into their deficit in the second when they got three hits. But Cameron Maybin was too aggressive rounding second base on an infield single, and Escobar slid in behind from shortstop, took Hosmers throw from first base and made the tag. Padres manager Bud Black requested a review, but the call stood. It marked the first time in five appeals this season that Black had lost. The Padres tied a season high with three errors, and had a passed ball and wild pitch in allowing four unearned runs. NOTES: Padres 3B Chase Headley (strained right calf) will play for Single-A Lake Elsinore on Thursday and Friday. He could be activated for Saturdays game against the Marlins. ... Padres OF Carlos Quentin is with Triple-A El Paso for at least two games and then will be re-evaluated. Quentin has been on the DL all season with knee problems. ... Royals 2B Omar Infante was out of the lineup with a sore back. He was replaced by Danny Valencia, one of three Royals with three hits. ... The Padres open a four-game series with the Marlins on Thursday with RHP Ian Kennedy (2-4, 3.43) facing RHP Jacob Turner (0-0, 9.90). ... The Royals play Seattle on Thursday as LHP Danny Duffy (1-2, 2.19 ERA) goes against Mariners RHP Hisashi Iwakuma (1-0, 5.40). Stitched Giants Jerseys . Costa Rica followed up its wins over Uruguay and Italy by holding England to a dour 0-0 draw on Tuesday, enough to finish first in Group D. Giants Jerseys 2020 . The Twins announced Thursday the 28-year-old Albers cleared waivers. He will join the Hanwha Eagles of the Korea Baseball Organization. https://www.cheapjerseysgiants.us/ . The 40-year-old midfielder was put in charge on Tuesday when David Moyes reign ended after 10 months with the defending champions in seventh place in the English Premier League. Fake Giants Jerseys . Cory Batey and Brandon Vandenburg were each convicted on four charges of aggravated rape, one of attempted aggravated rape and two for aggravated sexual battery. Vandenburg was also found guilty of tampering with evidence as well as an unlawful photography charge. San Francisco Giants Pro Shop .The Canadian teenage golf sensation announced Thursday shell join the LPGA Tour in 2015 instead of attending the University of Florida.WINNIPEG -- Head coach Paul Maurice has been given a four-year extention to guide the Winnipeg Jets, and he and general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff appear to be of one mind on some of the teams upcoming issues. One of them is keeping Ondrej Pavelec as the teams starting goaltender. Cheveldayoff said it was disappointing not to make the playoffs but he didnt suggest hes deviating in any big way from his draft-and-develop philosophy and that includes sticking with his 26-year-old starting netminder. "Ondrej Pavelec is the No. 1 goaltender going into next season," the general manager insisted. "Hes relatively a young goaltender when it comes to being a starting goaltender and when you give those young players those opportunities to excel theres going to be some bumps along the way." With a save percentage of .901 (70th among all goalies in the NHL) and a goals against average of 3.01 (69th) Pavelec is a frequent target of criticism. Maurice says he wouldnt have a lot to say about who plays for the team, which is a general managers job, but he had no problem at all with Pavelec as his starting netminder. "Were at a stage in our franchise where weve got three or four potentially critical pieces through our lineup that are here that weve got to make better. Weve got to put them in a position to be better then they have to be better. ... "And I think Evander Kane falls into that hole, really good young talented players that need to develop, that need to get better and I think they will get better ... In my mind, with Ondrej Pavelec, we have to do everything we can as a team to give our goaltending the best chance to win us games and that hasnt happened yet." Kane finished with only 19 goals this season, a far cry from the 30 the forward scored in 2011-12, although this season he missed 19 games -- 18 due to injuries and another as a healthy scratch, reportedly for missing a team meeting. Maurice came in as Claude Noels replacement in January and impressed Jets management as well as the players with his skills. "Hes an impressive hockey coach but hes an impressive person as well," Cheveldayoff said. "He walked in and he made a tremendous impact from the moment he walked in and we believe that were just scratching the surface on the impact he can make on this franchise moving forward." Maurice, 47, said on the phone from his current home in Ohio that he made the decision fairly early on that he wanted to stay in Winnipeg. The deal was done Tuesday and he immediately flew home to talk about it with his family and they supported him. "It didnt take much time, I called Kevin and said were in and put a sign on the front steps today," he said. Maurice guided the team to an 18-12-5 record over 35 games after Noels firing, a decision that Cheveldayoff said hurt him to the core. "Claude Noel is a tremendous coach and an even better person," he said. Noel had only part of one season as an NHL head coach on his resume when he was handed the reins of the Jets in 2011.dddddddddddd His replacement has a career coaching record of 478-469-172 over 1,119 NHL games with the Jets, Toronto Maple Leafs and Carolina Hurricanes/Hartford Whalers franchise. Maurice, who also said Wednesday he has accepted an offer to join Team Canada as an assistant coach for the world championship, says the Jets are further along and have a better balance of youth and experience than some of the other teams hes coach in the NHL. He says that means their development should be faster. Whether the goal of making the playoffs can be achieved next year, the answer seems to be maybe, but not initially as a Stanley Cup contender. "Were trying to move to the middle of the pack, I mean the end goal here is to be a contending team, and I think there are six of those teams right now in the Western Conference, I think theres two in the Eastern Conference. . . then theres the other eight teams that are in the playoffs," he said. Winnipeg finished with a 37-35-10 record on the season and settled for an 11th-place finish in the Western Conference with 84 points. It was exactly the same record they managed in their first year in their new home in 2011-12, although the Jets were in the Eastern Conference until this season. It was also the third straight season they have missed the playoffs since relocating to Winnipeg from Atlanta. The former Atlanta Thrashers made the playoffs only once, in 2007. The Jets have a fairly long list of restricted and unrestricted free agents this season but the only one Cheveldayoff mentioned Wednesday as a player they want to keep for sure was forward and restricted free agent Michael Frolik. He finished with 42 points and met or exceeded the expectations the Jets had when they acquired him from Chicago last year. But the general manager also didnt rule out looking outside the Jets for the right unrestricted free agent or making a trade to strengthen their core group, particularly at forward. He hasnt made a lot of trades since taking on the job three years ago (only 13) and the only two that would even come close to involving higher profile players would be Frolik and Devin Setoguchi. They were also his last, in the summer of 2013. "Some of it might have to come from a trade," he said of his desire to add a winger or a centre. The Jets are still focusing on young players throughout the organization and the role they can play. At the end of the season, for example, they brought in goalie Michael Hutchinson from the AHLs St. Johns IceCaps and he won two of the three final games he played. Cheveldayoff says the core group the Jets have signed to long-term contracts continues to perform. "We like what we have in a lot of different areas here. . . Guys like Blake Wheeler had a tremendous year, Bryan Little had a tremendous year, Andrew Ladd had a tremendous year. . . We havent even touched on (Mark) Scheifele and (Jacob) Trouba." He said Scheifele and Trouba had a big impact and the two rookies are only going to get better. ' ' '

Stwórz nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 1 ] 

Wszystkie czasy w strefie UTC + 1